WARNING! : Flux and... Flux (from The Escapers)

• WARNING! If you have already installed "Flux.app" application (a web design app from The Escapers) on your Mac, you definitely need to rename this "Flux.app" in "F.lux.app". Otherwise, "Flux" (F.lux) overwrite and erase "Flux" (from The Escapers).

By the way, F.lux is a great application. Deep congrats to the team!

• So why do we have to do what you are stating? What are the harmful affects and what are the Escapers?

• Click on the links and you'll understand what I tried to explain, ghost27. As you certainly know, the OS X Applications folder doesn't allow to have two applications with the same name.
    That's why... ;-)

Note: for your information, The Escapers are a Mac software development team. They make Flux (a kind of DreamWeaver killer for the Mac) since 2012.

• f.lux team

I wouldn't recommend renaming our app since our updater will most likely overwrite whatever you have in that space anyway. f.lux has been using Flux.app since 2009, regrettably sometimes there are name collisions like this.

• @lorna said:

I wouldn't recommend renaming our app since our updater will most likely overwrite whatever you have in that space anyway.

You're right. So I'll store the other app (the younger one 😉 ) in a subfolder.

Have a nice weekend!

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.