v4.124 update (June 2023)
herf last edited by herf
Hi - we are releasing a new build with some fixes and improvements, including these:
- Avoiding white flashing in some circumstances (though the Settings panel and some notifiers will still trigger it one time)
- Version data for WinGet users
- 30-minute backoff feature for manual adjustments to Philips Hue
- Fix when a monitor gives us invalid color information
- Warning if you use a newer Intel Xe card GPU with Darkroom
- Some extra parameters in the LAN API for external lighting
- Stability and bugfixes
Notes from 2021 here:
- Fixes for “red pixels” (overflow artifacts) on Intel Xe
- Updated Philips Hue endpoint for better bridge discovery
- Color profile safety checks (excluded large gamma values in ICC/ICM VCGT “formula” profiles to avoid washed-out screens)
As before there is a possible bug/conflict with Windows reloading the color settings and a workaround:
- In Windows build 19041 (20H1) and later, you will see f.lux reset by the Display Settings panel in Windows. Also, occasionally a notifier will do the same. If you do not like this, you can choose f.lux options > Always use Windows internal color table to prevent it.
Fixes for “red pixels” (overflow artifacts) on Intel Xe
After just 5 minutes of testing it's looking good.
Made an account just to say thank you very much for fixing the artifacts on Intel Xe. Appreciate you looking after your user-base and fixing bugs. I love f.lux!!
I really love this application and have been using it for years but recently it now has been showing up on discord streams and turning them into completely orange washed out messes and really has been annoying m. I hope that this could be fixed or if anyone has an solution for this I would greatly appreciate it. But for now i am going to have to find an alternative to F.lux
@Benzi Can you post f.lux options > driver info so we can see what's going on? thanks...
@herf HDR support when?
v4.120 still has the BIG BUG to reset the Display Color settings to White Theme although the suggested option "Always use Windows internal color table to prevent it" is set. This happens every time the App starts.
Please, fix this issue asap!
Win Pro 21H1 19043.1202
Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 Adapter RAM 1.00 GB
Problem fixed by myself!!!!
I had the option “Use Dark mode at sunset” active ... so, It forced the White Theme during daylight and Dark Theme after sunset ...
A little suggestion:
It could be practical to add a descriptive tooltip on each settings available to remember the associated functionality.
Thanks, and good work!
Yes - for anyone else who's confused by that: this setting is completely different than the main "f.lux" settings. It's a theme change, not a color calibration change.
BTW i posted a new topic but i hope you guys can look into this... when i removed f.lux via add/remove program, it does not do a clean uninstall and i had to manually remove the michael href folder / reference from regedit.
caused me 2 hours of agony trying to restart my computer, install new drivers etc, cause i thought this program was already "gone"
I can't get my f.lux to work anymore after a Windows 11 update. Any ideas what may be keeping it from working? I've tried reinstalling, change the settings, etc.
@santafedaisy Can you post f.lux options > driver info?