I did a detailed investigation of the glowing blue mouse cursor issue

• I recently upgraded my personal machine from Mojave to Catalina 10.15.4 and ran into an issue on the built-in display where the whole screen except the mouse cursor is color shifted. The issue occurs with both f.lux and with Apple's built-in Night Shift, but only with the factory display profile on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012). It does not occur on an external display, or on the built-in display when using a calibrated profile or any display profile other than the factory one. The issue also does not occur on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) that's also running 10.15.4.

As I'm not particularly knowledgeable about the vagaries of ICC color profiles, I'm stumped.

I submitted item FB7642867 to Apple and wrote up everything I know about the issue at https://mplough.github.io/2020/03/28/blue-cursor.html.

Perhaps someone who knows more about color profiles will be able to take this further and figure out what's going on. At this point I really don't think it's a bug in f.lux but perhaps f.lux could work around the issue before Apple's fixes its own Night Shift?

Happy to provide more info as needed.