f.lux and wallpaper

• alt text

alt text

I am a graphic designer.
    I work day and night on a color calibrated Photoshop monitor.
    I have a sleep disorder and I use a Season Affected Disorder lamp during the day.
    I can't use f.lux.
    1- I work with color at night.

2 - It bothers me that f.lux alters the color calibration that took a lot of effort to be perfect.

I made a few orange wallpapers to use at night. I like cascading window vs using my programs full screen, so I didn't have to adjust my style too much. My small windows stay color calibrated white while I still get the benefit of 60% of the wallpaper is blasting me with orange light.
    Does this configuration still work? It seems like it's working.

This I can tolerate better than everything being tinted orangeish. I have to change from a gray wood day wallpaper to the orange wallpaper manually at sundown. Windows is unable to schedule the slideshow wallpaper, it often will change at random. I setup 4x 6 hour schedules. two day (same image 1 & 2), two night (3 & 4).

Does f.lux have the ability to change to a 'blue-blocker' wallpaper at night?

Do you have a feature that only applies f.lux to one's wallpaper?

Is it a feature that could be added?

thanks

• f.lux team

You can just make your wallpaper darker all the time - it doesn't have to be a particular color as long as it's dark.

It is on our list to do something like this automatically, but we would have to figure out what images to put there - currently our download is <1MB so it would be expensive to send out 4k images in comparison. :)

• @herf said in f.lux and wallpaper:

You can just make your wallpaper darker all the time - it doesn't have to be a particular color as long as it's dark.

It is on our list to do something like this automatically, but we would have to figure out what images to put there - currently our download is <1MB so it would be expensive to send out 4k images in comparison. :)

What he's asking for is if you can find a way to make f.lux only affect his existing wallpaper instead of affecting Windows globally. He's not asking for you to make new wallpapers.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.