37.2 acting wonky with fullscreen apps on El Capitan

• f.lux always had problems with fullscreen apps, mainly games that have their own gamma/brightness sliders. In the past a game and f.lux would conflict, trying to override each other but changing settings in a game would make it stop.

The problem I have today is this: It's daytime. No fullscreen app is running. f.lux is on. But for some reason my gamma is set up high, as if desktop inherited game's gamma setting.

If I turn on/off a color screen effect it's fixed. For a while. If I quit and reopen f.lux it's fixed. For a while. But I don't know how to make it stop messing with my gamma permanently, especially since I do graphic design work.

• f.lux team

Thanks for your note @Eames. Can you tell me some of the apps you're seeing this on? Feel free to send me a chat as well if you prefer.

• Namely Heroes Of The Storm, but I remember it happening with others games too: Starcraft 2, Team Fortress 2, CS:GO.

No idea how how to use chat here.

• Update: now it also started showing nighttime colors during the day and even quitting f.lux fixes it only temporarily.

• Something like this is happening to me too. When I start Steam, everything is okay. Then, when I start Insurgency (that is the title of the game in question) the screen goes back to normal (i.e. flux not working). This only means I can't play games at night, because Flux doesn't work during gameplay.

I have tried a lot of things after google searches. E.g. change brightness before launching game. I tried many settings there, including brightest the screen can go. Another e.g., the ICC change where they have me do a "write defaults" etc. (even though it's an old iMac with only one GPU). I also tried to play the game in windowed mode. In many cases I tried to keep manually selecting the color profile and/or opening Flux settings to move the slider. Any time I go back to the game, the screen goes back to being the normal colors.

This only seemed to start after the latest update. Is there a way I can get the old version, maybe?

Thanks in advance.

V/r,
    Bryan

• You can get older versions here: https://software.com/mac/apps/flux-1/37.1

• f.lux team

@bryanlharris

Have you turned off autobrightness and rebooted? Apologies for asking but on mobie I cannot see the entire thread easily at the moment. We would love to find a way to fix this for you.

• What is autobrightness?

• f.lux team

@Eames System Preferences > Displays > Automatically adjust brightness - try turning this off and see if it helps. Might need a reboot.

• Yes thanks Iorna. I had to do both things: disable auto-brightness & reboot. One or the other by itself did not do the trick.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.