Cant get rid of orange screen color after uninstall

• Hey
    I uninstalled f.lux but the orange hue remains .Even after restart after the uninstall.
    I'm running El Capitan 10.11.2.Any help appreciated.
    F.

• f.lux team

Hey @fidget we can help. Do you have a f.lux profile in your System Preferences > Displays section? You can delete it. And also to verify that you aren't running f.lux anywhere search for "flux" in Activity Monitor and force quit it.

• Hey I tried what you suggested above, but it doesn't seem to work. I can remove the orange screen by simply opening System Preferences > Displays > Color :: However it just randomly goes back to being orange again after a little while. HELP :)

• f.lux team

You have to delete the f.lux profiles, not just open the settings dialog. That should help as a first step. Can you tell us what the list of profiles says?

• I had the same problem on macOS Sierra. The problem was solved by removing color profiles preferences in cache. This page: https://www.cnet.com/news/how-to-make-colorsync-profiles-stick-in-os-x/ gives necessary instructions. Basically you need to execute in Terminal: open $(getconf DARWIN_USER_CACHE_DIR) then delete com.apple.colorsync.profiles.*** file(s) (I also had a lock file that I removed). Then logout and log in again. It worked for me just fine.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.