Flux is a great idea. After reading so much about the blue issue, this seems to be a good solution. Thanks for this control panel from an insomniac night-owl. (all that blue light is keeping me up!)
I'm on a Macbook Pro, OSX 10.9.4. F.lux 36.5
It is very easy and straight forward to use. However, some settings could use some clarification. For example:
- What is the difference between "Fast transitions" and not choosing this option (non-fast transitions?)?
- What is the purpose of "Color Effects > Darkroom" and "Color Effects > Movie Mode"?
- How much time does "Expanded daytime settings" add? Can I customize this setting to a certain amount of time that works for me?
- What does "Backwards alarm clock" mean?
- What are the different preferences settings "Recommended Colors", "Custom Colors", "Classic f.lux" and "Working late"?
- Is there a way to set custom colors?
Is there a tutorial to explain all aspects of Flux?
I made this just for you: https://justgetflux.com/news/pages/macquickstart/
It should display on the website with every download of f.lux.
@lorna Thank you, gracias, merci, todah rabah, grazie, danke schoen, domo arigato and mahalo