f.lux (almost) does not work on external monitors
Recently I discovered that f.lux, in theory, can work on external monitors because I have seen this on a different computer with external monitors. Until then I simply thought that it is not possible for f.lux to adjust external monitors. After I discovered it is possible I tried to see how I can get this feature working on my setup. But nothing I did until now solved the problem. Hopefully one of you can help me.
I tried what is explained over here: https://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?p=82958#post82958 but this does not work (probably it also does not apply because I am running version 1511 of Windows).
I do not notice any changes in the colour of the monitors (both of them) with the only exception is when I change to Effects and extra colours → Grayscale. Then everything is presented in greyscale. Otherwise, I do not notice any changes on the external monitors. On the screen of the laptop, f.lux does work (perfectly by the way).
Here is my setup:
- Laptop with Windows 10 professional, version 1511 (for several reasons I cannot install a newer version)
- The laptop is connected to a StarTech USB3SDOCKHD dock (https://www.startech.com/nl/en/Cards-Adapters/Laptop-docking-stations/Universal-USB-3-Laptop-Docking-Station-Dual-Video-HDMI-DVI-with-Audio-Ethernet~USB3SDOCKHD)
- To the dock are 2 Dell monitors connected (https://www.dell.com/ed/business/p/dell-p2314h/pd) (one through DVI and one HDMI)
- DisplayLink Manager 8.6.1294.0 is installed
- f.lux version 4.84 is installed
Can anyone please help me? That would be greatly appreciated. If you need more information please let me know.
Thank you very much.