flux.exe *32 process keeps restarting multiple times a second, causing cursor to flicker

• I installed flux on my new workstation. All was good until my cursor started flickering, showing the "loading" circle multiple times per second. I went to the task manager and saw that a process called "flux.exe *32" was stopping and starting frequently, causing my cursor to think something was loading. I uninstalled flux, but the flux.exe process didn't go away. I reinstalled, hoping it would fix itself then, but no luck.

How do I solve this? It's very annoying. If I try to stop the offending process manually it tells me "The operation could not be completed. The operation is not valid for this process."

• f.lux team

Hi - can you right click in task manager and "show file location" and check two things:

1. that the file is signed by us ("Digital Signatures")
    2. what is the version number ("Details")?

It is very unusual for anything to survive uninstall. We kill the process and delete the files, as you would expect.

• Just uninstalled & restarted again, problem went away. As soon as I re-downloaded, the flickering cursor problem started up again.

• f.lux team

What is your video card and driver version?
    There is an older Radeon driver that might do something like this.

• It's an Intel HD Graphics 4600. Driver version is 10.18.10.3574; driver model is WDDM 1.1.

• f.lux team

Oh you have a buggy one. In our FAQ:

"Check which version you have. If it's less than 10.18.10.3907, you'll want to update (the early-2014 drivers that end with "3412" up to "3621" can cause slowdowns and crashes with f.lux)."

So get an Intel driver update and you'll be set. Good to do for reasons other than f.lux too.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.