Cursor Vanishes while playing Fullscreen games with f.lux enabled (4.43)

• The Title pretty much explains it all. I don't know if this is a bug or a setting I have enabled.

I should Also note that the cursor won't vanish when watching a video in fullscreen.

• That's a Windows problem when forcing a software mouse cursor. Disable that option in f.lux for a software mouse cursor.

For some reason, this doesn't happen in all games.

• f.lux team

Do you have the checkbox "Software mouse cursor when needed..." checked in Options? We could try turning this off for fullscreen apps.

Which game are you seeing this in?

• Hi, maybe to contribute.

I run v4.43 on 2 Windows instances. One on Win7 and one on Win10. This white cursor issue is present in Win7 when I run any Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel), even after toggling the "software mouse cursor" feature.

However there isn't an issue when running these on my Win10.

• f.lux team

Does the "change color to" menu have "expand range" on windows 7? Have you rebooted since installing?

• @herf I had f.lux uninstalled a while as it conflicts with an image recognition app I'm using. After re-installation it does prompt to expand range and reboot. However I still do face the similar white cursor issue, which is quite frustrating due to working against the plain white background of Word/Excel. The only work around is by right clicking on app, where the list appears can I see the mouse again in black outline to navigate.

• You can try opening Windows Magnifier and set it to 100%.

Or you can make a change to the Registry, but let me know what you think of using the Windows Magnifier first.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.