can I paint / color plastic on Philips everyday bulb?

• I bought a 6 pack of Philips everyday bulb for about $27.50 or so. It is a great price but the color is not warm white. It's a got that purple tint to it and I can't return them,nor do I want to.

I figured I'll just paint the plastic globe with a beige or get some makers and color it. I think it'd be a great way to use the bulbs and save money!

Has anyone done this?

Update: I just tried literally taking a brown marker on it, but it was not a thick coating, I think the plastic really screwed that up. So then I took a REALLY thin napkin, and drew brown, orange, and yellow on it, but now that makes the light too warm / dark, and it's just not a long term solution. (Love this forum, firefox crashed, and every letter I put into this edit was saved!) I'm now considering using PAINT with a very light beige to bring out the warmer colors. Any recommendations?

• If anyone wants an update on this, drawing marker on plastic does NOT work. Also, you just can't fix low quality light. I think it's even lacking green, and yellow, and cyan. I think it's lacking all the colors, and I know there is a blue spike because it puts out a dingy purplish tint to the already screwed up looking light. Yeah, these just look too white, and it's just strange looking.

• You can buy paints specifically for decorating glass, maybe that would work?

• @jdflux I don't know, maybe I'll just return them.... there's a story to that as well.

• If you can't return them maybe sell them on, or just take it as life learning and go get some nice warm light LED's instead!

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.