Tinted screenshots, or fullscreen apps and games missing f.lux?

• f.lux team

f.lux changes your screen colors using the built-in controls on your video card. But when they are not available, it uses the GPU. We prefer to use the built-in calibration controls, since they work better and do not affect screenshots.

So if your screenshots are tinted or your games are not, consider these things:

1. Do you have a USB-connected (DisplayLink) monitor? Then please consider updating your DisplayLink drivers and enabling a registry setting listed in this thread: http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?p=82958#post82958

2. Do your fullscreen movies or games not have f.lux effects applied? Then please consider using the "expand color range" menu from f.lux and rebooting the machine. The newer versions will prompt you to do this when f.lux starts (a few times), but a reboot is necessary to finish the process.

• I don't have a USB-connected DisplayLink monitor. My screenshots are tinted. What are my options to resolve? I have a GTX 960 graphics card.

• @Ryan-Bright I have the same GPU, my screenshots are not tinted? How are you generating screenshots? For me, pressing the printscreen key and CTRL + V into paint works well.

• I have the same problem as @Ryan-Bright on my laptop. It doesn't make any difference which monitor I try to grab a screenshot from, if the DisplayLink adapter is plugged in everything turns dark orange. I've tried using the snipping tool, and also a regular print screen. Here are some comparisons with/without on my native laptop screen:

0_1516723696220_upload-fd1f176f-7ac6-43fd-ab4e-9ef83452ced7

0_1516723832303_upload-9cb1412f-f2f2-4ee7-a473-0f90bb0f45cb

I'm running f.lux version 4.55
    I'm running a (Dell 4-in-1 Adapter) which is the DisplayLink using drivers 8.4.3005.0
    I've got an nVidia GeForce GTX 960M graphics card using driver version 22.21.13.8477

I've already applied the EnableGammaRamp registry key set to true, restarted laptop and it didn't seem to make any difference.

• This post is deleted!

• I had the same problem awhile ago, i found it was the color profile of windows that was set wrong for me probably got stuck when i updated it in the wrong profile

You can go into color management in the control panel and select sRGB IE C61966-2.1 mainly u need the one that says 2.1 at the end under the ICC list,For WIN 7 and earlier but that gets kinda annoying since i like to make sure its the right profile before i launch a game,
    You can download this program utility called ‘Display Profile' i found, its only 204kb its at the vary bottom of the article, it have no clue if it works on win 10 since i only use win 7 From PC monitors
    https://pcmonitors.info/articles/using-icc-profiles-in-windows/
    alt text
    Also on a side note some monitors may have there own display profile, i would check that one in comparison to the SRGB bla bla bla 2.1 if you have it, if not just double click the one with 2.1 at the end and it should go back to white at least for me it work.

• Hello,

I am still having the issue desribed above. I have already followed all the mentioned steps, including updating DisplayLink drivers, graphic card drivers and applying EnableGammRamp registry key. None of this worked. I have tried out all the screenshot tools available in the market -> the issue appears in all of them.

Driver info:
    0_1532698893665_335d8422-1ab0-4ddf-a4e4-75acbccab05a-obraz.png

Are you working on a solution to this? Can we expect this in a new build?

Best regards,
    Magdalena