Never EVER install. You will never recover the monitor colors after uninstall

• Never EVER install this shit. If you ever uninstall flux you will NEVER recover your colors back. Every time you boot your machine reverts to the stupid yellow tint. You can reset color profiles, to no avail. You can change system defaults It won't work. You can click the "use windows display calibration" how many times you want (either for the user, or OS defaults). It doesn't work.

I use my computer to work and now I'm forced to reinstall the ENTIRE operating system and all applications. Thank you SO much.

• Interesting. Did you uninstall f.lux while it was running?

• Don't remember. Probably, since it is always running.

• This post is deleted!

• f.lux team

If you're looking for help with this, we're happy to help. Please post your operating system version, your video card, and your video driver versions.

• @tggggm Do NOT reinstall your system because of this program. An easy 1-day fix (and immediately once you do it) is to reinstall the program, and set the color to daylight 6500K. Then, just set it to "Disabled" and properly exit the program. Uninstall at will after that.

• @Tungsten_smooth
    How do you do that?
    When i try xflux -k 6500 I get no response from prompt.. I so confused why flux doesnt work on my laptop but works fine on my Desktop.. I also cant uninstall flux... installed from source i believe? downloaded flux-pre.tgz and followed 32bit install instructions (which i didnt do on desktop, I installed via apt i believe)... =( New to linux but not new to cli.. any help?

• @Jawbh said in Never EVER install. You will never recover the monitor colors after uninstall:

@Tungsten_smooth
    How do you do that?
    When i try xflux -k 6500 I get no response from prompt.. I so confused why flux doesnt work on my laptop but works fine on my Desktop.. I also cant uninstall flux... installed from source i believe? downloaded flux-pre.tgz and followed 32bit install instructions (which i didnt do on desktop, I installed via apt i believe)... =( New to linux but not new to cli.. any help?

You're in the forum for f.lux support in Windows.

• @TwoCables xD my bad

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.