How to custom lighting in daytime?

• I need lower lighting in rainy days,but minimum daytime lighting is 2700K.

• There are 2 things you can do:

1. Edit the Registry (instructions below)
    2. Try the Beta version of f.lux. It allows colors as warm as 800K whenever you want using Alt+Shift+Page Down (and Alt+Shift+Page Up to go back up)

If you would prefer to just edit the Registry, then do this:

1. Exit out of f.lux by right-clicking its icon in the Notification Area and choosing the 'Exit' option (it's not necessary to exit f.lux first, but I think it's easier to write these instructions that way)
    2. Open the Registry Editor. If you're not sure how to do that, then you can just open the Start Menu and type "regedit" and press Enter
    3. Navigate the Registry to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Michael Herf\flux\Preferences
    4. In the right-hand pane, look for the "Outdoor" subkey. This is for the Daytime mode. "Indoor" is for night mode.
    5. Double-click this and change from Hexidecimal to Decimal.
    6. Using only numbers, type in the color temperature that you want. Don't go warmer than 800 because then it starts going back "up" in color temperature. So, to my eyes 799K is just like 801K, and 798K is like 802K, 797K is like 803K and so on.
    7. Press Enter or click OK to save the changes and you may close the registry editor if you wish but you don't necessarily have to.
    8. Launch f.lux.

At this point, you should see f.lux transitioning toward the color temperature you typed in.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.