Games jerk only with f.lux

• All of my Games in Fullscreen Window mode(necessary to use F.lux with them?) are jerk continuously with F.Lux. It feels very periodic to me. Every Second there is a small freeze.
    I have a AMD Radeon r9 290 Graphic Card. I really addicted to F.lux to feel comfortable, so i really need some Help here :/ I tryed to reinstall my Computer, and update my Graphic Card.

• I don't know if this is a common problem, but I do believe there's no point or benefit to using f.lux when playing video games.

• One of the reasons gamer stay long awake is that the monitorlight is not good for the inner clockwork. The light of it says the human body "its day, dont go sleep". The other reason you eays are not so fast exhousted, so you can play longer and better. You can google "gamer glasses". I think this glasses do the same as f.lux does.

But i just found out that there is an option "safe mode -what ever it does, it seems that this solve my problem. I will test it the next days.

• I know all about the effects of blue light (and bright light), but games are very stimulating all on their own. When playing a video game, your heart rate is up and your alertness is very high - and so is your energy level. The simple act of playing a video game keeps you awake longer. Have you ever tried to go to sleep immeidately after a gaming session? Like, literally exit the game and crawl into bed 60 seconds later without doing anything else in between? It's not easy. You can go through the motions, but good luck falling asleep! You have to unwind first and become relaxed. Even if you dim your monitor, set f.lux to something very warm and also turn your volume way down low, you still need to be on high alert in order to perform well in the game.

Personally, I prefer the last hour or two of my day to be quiet and calm and relaxing: no bright light, and I make sure that any sound I make is very quiet. I also slow my movements down. I do whatever I can to become calm and relaxed and peaceful. This came to me when observing nature. What do the animals in the wild do when they're going to be going to sleep soon? They go in a safe place so they can let their body and mind calm down so that they can fall asleep and get some good rest. They always seem well rested in the morning, so why can't I? I definitely don't want to have a harder time falling asleep because I'm all wound up from playing a video game.

I like my color accuracy for the maximum enjoyment of my computer. I let that go though when I'm getting ready for bed because I use 1200K with a very dim monitor setting and I also use pure red LED lights in my lamp (made by FEIT - they are awesome).

• What would you say about a game like "Osmos"? It's awesome!

• @timpster said:

What would you say about a game like "Osmos"? It's awesome!

I've tried playing that as a way to continue being entertained without getting all wound up, but the harder it gets, the easier it is for me to get all wound up. Plus, I've also found that even when it's easy I'm still much too alert while playing it, which isn't a good state to be in while getting ready to go to sleep.

I've had it for several months and I rarely play it now. The last time I tried to play it as a way to be entertained while unwinding, I had to start from the beginning so that I could remain relaxed and I quickly realized that if I did that on a regular basis, then I'd probably go nuts. lol Plus again, there's the fact that I am still too alert when playing it.

So now I just kinda sit and do nothing, allowing my mind to wander. Basically, I meditate without actually trying to meditate on anything specific. Sometimes I'll doze off, sometimes I won't. While doing this, I have my computer turned off and my red lights turned on. After 30-45 minutes of this, I'm 100% ready for bed. When I lay down, it's a nice feeling, similar to what I used to experience when I was very little and my mom would lovingly and gently put me to bed.

Of course, a person can't do the exact same thing every single day for too long. lol Still, I'm finding that I prefer just turning the computer off and sitting quietly for a while, doing nothing except letting my mind entertain me while it wanders freely.

• Yeah, I just played Osmos "Force Reception" the one where the player can have a chance to eat the force in the middle, yeah, not a very relaxing game, even though it said "level complete" which was BS, because I hadn't done much... oh well.

• @timpster said:

Yeah, I just played Osmos "Force Reception" the one where the player can have a chance to eat the force in the middle, yeah, not a very relaxing game, even though it said "level complete" which was BS, because I hadn't done much... oh well.

Yeah, I admit that this is all still a work-in-progress for me. Ideally, I'd like to have several super-relaxing activities to choose from that can kill an hour or two very quickly while leaving me very relaxed and ready to go to sleep. I'm figuring it all out though. :)

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.