Any possibility of using automatic geolocation?

• Re: f.lux beta discussion

Hi,

Windows, at least from 10 onwards has APIs for reading off geolocation information, that as far as I can understand, can also be used in Win32 applications:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/uwp/api/windows.devices.geolocation

Would it be possible to include an automatic reading of the location so that when I travel between two cities, flux just adjusts the location automatically and does not need me to remember to enter data myself every time?

• f.lux team

It does use this feature when the location dialog is up, and it works well.

We could do it a little more frequently, like anytime your IP address changes to something new, but we've tried not to leave it on all the time.

• @herf Aha, yes, I didn't realise! I hadn't actually travelled, I just have always wished that it was always possible with the previous version.

But maybe a once a day check in the morning would be worth doing? I sometimes go across 2 time zones and I forget to change the flux location, so I only get reminded when the screen goes yellow a couple of hours after dark...

Anyway, thanks a lot. That and the HiDPI UI supposed where the two biggest niggles for me.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.