This program messed up my PC so bad.

• The story I'm about to tell is 100% truth, I am not lying I promise. So I heard about F.LUX from Gameranx the youtuber, he recommended it, and I tried it out, I LOVED the program so much, it was so nice, I slept easier and everything. Then one day I noticed my computer acting very weird, my games would lag every 1 second, just a tiny stutter, hiccup, and I could not find the solution. I scoured the internet left and right, day and night, looking for a fix. I updated drivers, updated bios, fresh installed windows, RMA'd parts, fragmented drives, swapped cables. I did everything I could think of and nothing. Turns out, it was F.LUX. I turned it off, and it was fixed. No more lag.

No this is not a rant post, more so to just inform the company of what was going on, if anybody else is having this lag problem, TRY TURNING OFF F.LUX!

• @OnionRings said in This program messed up my PC so bad.:

The story I'm about to tell is 100% truth, I am not lying I promise. So I heard about F.LUX from Gameranx the youtuber, he recommended it, and I tried it out, I LOVED the program so much, it was so nice, I slept easier and everything. Then one day I noticed my computer acting very weird, my games would lag every 1 second, just a tiny stutter, hiccup, and I could not find the solution. I scoured the internet left and right, day and night, looking for a fix. I updated drivers, updated bios, fresh installed windows, RMA'd parts, fragmented drives, swapped cables. I did everything I could think of and nothing. Turns out, it was F.LUX. I turned it off, and it was fixed. No more lag.

No this is not a rant post, more so to just inform the company of what was going on, if anybody else is having this lag problem, TRY TURNING OFF F.LUX!

They know about this. It's harmless, but yes it's a little annoying if you are dealing with it. Just exit f.lux before you play a game.

• f.lux team

Do you by chance use a Radeon? The recent drivers are extremely messed up.

Also, our "safe mode" can help this somewhat as well.

• @TwoCables said in This program messed up my PC so bad.:

@OnionRings said in This program messed up my PC so bad.:

The story I'm about to tell is 100% truth, I am not lying I promise. So I heard about F.LUX from Gameranx the youtuber, he recommended it, and I tried it out, I LOVED the program so much, it was so nice, I slept easier and everything. Then one day I noticed my computer acting very weird, my games would lag every 1 second, just a tiny stutter, hiccup, and I could not find the solution. I scoured the internet left and right, day and night, looking for a fix. I updated drivers, updated bios, fresh installed windows, RMA'd parts, fragmented drives, swapped cables. I did everything I could think of and nothing. Turns out, it was F.LUX. I turned it off, and it was fixed. No more lag.

They know about this. It's harmless, but yes it's a little annoying if you are dealing with it. Just exit f.lux before you play a game.

Wow they know about it? Wish they had stated it in the install page or something, I spent a whole month trying to figure out why my frickin PC was so slow and it was this program? And yes Herf I have an RX 480.

• @OnionRings said in This program messed up my PC so bad.:

@TwoCables said in This program messed up my PC so bad.:

@OnionRings said in This program messed up my PC so bad.:

Wow they know about it? Wish they had stated it in the install page or something, I spent a whole month trying to figure out why my frickin PC was so slow and it was this program? And yes Herf I have an RX 480.

They found out about it after that version was released.

• f.lux team

@OnionRings There have been a couple messages about issues with a recent Radeon driver update. f.lux doesn't ship drivers or control which drivers Windows update puts on your PC, and the v3 build has been stable for four years.

When people have problems with certain buggy driver versions, the best thing to do is to post a version number and configuration here, and we can escalate it and tell people about it. Without that kind of information, we can't do much.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.