Please add an option to turn on night mode any time you want

• Re: [Suggestion] Add an option to force enable f.lux night mode

Where I live (high northern latitude, Canada), it's light 4 am to 10 pm in the summer BUT I still need 8 hours of sleep. I still want those last few hours before bed to be in night mode, regardless of what the sun is doing. Same for winter - I don't want night mode to start when the sun sets (4:30 pm). F.lux is currently mid-latitude-centric.

• Living in Northern Europe, I second this.

• i came here looking to find out if this is possible, so...
    agreed!

thank you.

• f.lux team

• @herf thanks Herf!

• @herf Trying the beta now... It seems like the UI is still trying to be too clever and doesn't give me the controls I need. :)

I don't care how light it's outside, my curtains are down in the evening anyway because up here in the north it's bright all night long in the summer.

I just want to define the hour when f.lux's sunset begins, regardless of my location. I want to enter "8pm" somewhere and then f.lux would start its sunset at that time, every day, automatically.

Even better if I could add a condition: if the sunset at my location would start later than 8pm, then start it at 8pm instead. Otherwise use the sunset time from my location.

Is this possible?

• Yes, I agree that having the option to set a manual bedtime would be helpful. My daughter uses the computer at times, and she goes to bed much earlier than I do so having the sunset lighting start earlier than sunset to accommodate her would be very helpful. She's already an awful sleeper!!

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.