Is there a way to filter the cursor???

• Is there a way to have f.lux filter the onscreen cursor? My computer screen has a nice warm glow, but my mouse cursor (using the "inverse" setting) is quite disconcerting because the blue light emitting from it is unfiltered.

Any information provided is appreciated.

• Yeah, this is a problem with Windows. You can do this in one of 2 ways:

With the Registry:

Open Registry Editor (regedit.exe) and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse. Double-click "MouseTrails" in the right-hand pane, and change the value to either '99' or '-1'. Close Registry Editor and log out of Windows and log back in.

With the Windows Magnifier:

Simply open Windows Magnifier and choose the 100% magnification and put the magnifier in the background or minimize it. You can make the Magnifier start with Windows using the Accessibility control panel.

The only problem with both of these methods is, some video games don't like this and the mouse cursor becomes invisible for those particular games. So, for those games, you would have to either undo the change to the Registry (put the setting back to '0') and log out of Windows and log back in, or close the Magnifier.

There is currently no other way to get the mouse cursor to be rendered so that f.lux changes its color in addition to the rest of Windows.

• Thank you for the quick response. I really like the windows magnifier option, because this setting is much easier to change if I encounter problems. Thanks again for the great suggestions!

• @dmercuri said in Is there a way to filter the cursor???:

Thank you for the quick response. I really like the windows magnifier option, because this setting is much easier to change if I encounter problems. Thanks again for the great suggestions!

You're welcome!

It has become my preferred method too!

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.