Horrible FPS drops during transition, only recently started happening.

• Hey there, I just recently started getting terrible FPS drops while playing Dota 2 specifically, regardless if I'm in safe mode or not it's happening.

I am running AMD's newest Crimson drivers 17.3.1 and never had an issue up until about a week ago. I'm not sure if it's flux's update or AMD's update that broke the transitioning but it's a deal breaker at this point because it will drop the game down from 150 fps to 9 fps during a crucial point.

• @AB_24 just wanted to add that it now does it regardless of what I'm doing, it's just more noticeable when I have a game open. Even in safe mode. it never did this before.

• @AB_24 Until you can provide further information about system changes, I'd attribute this to a driver update. I love driver updates, but once I got about 20 years old, I've been VERY weary of their effects, and research every single one of them when I plan to update, for every graphical program that I use. Yes, it's gotten that bad.

I lost a CPU because of a bad driver--user error, but still because I couldn't believe it could be the driver, until I put back in the old but working CPU and had the same issue.

• This post is deleted!

• @Tungsten_smooth said in Horrible FPS drops during transition, only recently started happening.:

@AB_24 Until you can provide further information about system changes, I'd attribute this to a driver update. I love driver updates, but once I got about 20 years old, I've been VERY weary of their effects, and research every single one of them when I plan to update, for every graphical program that I use. Yes, it's gotten that bad.

I lost a CPU because of a bad driver--user error, but still because I couldn't believe it could be the driver, until I put back in the old but working CPU and had the same issue.

@Tungsten_smooth the thing is that the driver update improved performance for games so I'd rather keep it updated. Anyway it's win 7 ultimate (newest updates, staying on it til I'm forced to go to win 10), i7 7700k, 32gb of ram.

No system changes, just video driver updates. I guess I'll have to disable it in the mean time.

• @AB_24 Well try going back a point release on the drivers (same month) and go bank one more if that doesn't solve it.

I understand it brings better performance but I'm trying to rule it out as the cause.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.