F.lux not working startup

• So I have the msi gaming app installed for my gpu. I believe it interferes and stops f.lux from working I have f.lux on all the time usually. But, the only way to make it work is to open f.lux and disable and re-enable it.
    So I was wondering if there's any solution or do I just have to always disable and re-enable on boot?

• Unfortunately, yes, this is what you will have to do unless you can live without MSI Gaming App. Personally, I just use MSI Afterburner.

You see, what you're fighting against here is the Eye Rest feature in MSI Gaming App. When you disable and then enable f.lux, you're putting f.lux back in charge, so to speak. If after disabling/enabling f.lux you were to exit and relaunch MSI Gaming App, then you'd probably have to disable/enable f.lux again.

What features of MSI Gaming App are you using? Could you get all the same benefits from MSI Afterburner?

• Well I use it to change the color of the leds on my gpu change the mode when playing games from silent, gaming or oc mode. other then this I don't really use any other features. Does Afterburn have these?

• @Uproared said in F.lux not working startup:

Well I use it to change the color of the leds on my gpu change the mode when playing games from silent, gaming or oc mode. other then this I don't really use any other features. Does Afterburn have these?

No, MSI Afterburner is for overclocking and it can do other things as well (but not those things that you described). You can learn all about it here: https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner

I don't see a need to change between those 3 modes (Silent, Game and OC) when it should happen automatically. I mean, when I play a game, I automatically get 3D performance mode. I have my core and memory overclocked, so 3D performance mode is my overclock. When I exit the game, it goes back down to a silent low-power mode. For my card, that's only 324 MHz for both the memory and the core clock with a very low GPU voltage.

I only want 2 modes though: the low-power 2D mode, and the full-power 3D mode with my overclock for playing games. I took the time to overclock for gaming, so I don't want to play any games at my card's stock full-power 3D performance mode, I want to benefit from my overclocking.

I don't have an MSI card, so I don't have any LEDs - but even if I did, this interference with f.lux would mean that I would stop using MSI Gaming App and forego the pretty but unnecessary LEDs.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.