I can't manually move below of 2700k

• Hey guys, I just see that add a new warmers below 2700k in this version of f.lux.

So, my problem is that I can't manually move below of 2700k. Only can change a default options like 2300k, 1900k and 1300k.

Why upper of 2700k you can change each 100k like 2800k, 2900k, 3000k, 3100k or go down until 2700k, but below of 2700k only can 2300k, 1900k and 1300k in exclusive? Is a bug or something? I'm using Windows 7.

Thank you.

• It's just the way they designed it.

They are working on a new version, so perhaps the new version will be much better in this respect. I want what you want, and I've told them I want this many times too. So, we'll see.

• @TwoCables said in I can't manually move below of 2700k:

It's just the way they designed it.

They are working on a new version, so perhaps the new version will be much better in this respect. I want what you want, and I've told them I want this many times too. So, we'll see.

Right... so is not a bug?

Here is a explained video about this problem: https://my.mixtape.moe/wkzgij.mp4

The jump between 2300k and 2700k is too high :( I need like 2500k.

• @link111 said in I can't manually move below of 2700k:

@TwoCables said in I can't manually move below of 2700k:

No, it's not a bug. It's the way f.lux is designed. There's nothing wrong with your installation of f.lux.

Like I said, I feel the same way you do about this. I want to be able to choose any color temperature I want. I don't like having to choose from a menu just to get color temperatures that are warmer than 2700K.

@link111 said in I can't manually move below of 2700k:

No, it's not a bug. It's the way f.lux is designed. There's nothing wrong with your installation of f.lux.

Like I said, I feel the same way you do about this. I want to be able to choose any color temperature I want. I don't like having to choose from a menu just to get color temperatures that are warmer than 2700K.

OK, but where is the logic if you can move it upper 2700k , but you can't below of 2700k... :S
    The actual version of f.lux is 3.10, right for Windows?

• @link111 said in I can't manually move below of 2700k:

OK, but where is the logic if you can move it upper 2700k , but you can't below of 2700k... :S

I don't know. Let's ask them. I'm just another user.

@f-lux-team can you explain why you made it this way?

I don't know. Let's ask them. I'm just another user.

@f-lux-team can you explain why you made it this way?

I guess is busy :(

• f.lux team

Hi @link111 - there will be greater controls in a future version. Thanks for letting us know your feature request.

• I found a program that may help you fine-tune your color temperature on top of f.lux, if it's compatible with your monitor. You won't know what your color temperature is when you do it, but if this program is compatible with your monitor, then you will be able to get the exact look and feel you want.

It's ScreenBright: http://www.overclock.net/t/1262322/guide-display-control-via-windows-brightness-contrast-etc-ddc-ci

Basically, you will set f.lux to 2700K (it doesn't have to be all the way to 2700K in order for this to work) and then you will use ScreenBright's color temperature adjustment to increase the warmth on top of that by sliding ScreenBright's adjuster to the right until it looks and feels just right. ScreenBright changes the color temperature in precisely the same way f.lux does. That's why it doesn't fight f.lux, but instead it works beautifully with it.

Be sure to study the guide I linked to. It's very important because this software will be communicating directly with your monitor. It's making changes to the monitor itself, so you have to be a bit careful.

Another excellent use of this program though is, you can adjust your monitor's brightness directly with this software.

• @lorna said in I can't manually move below of 2700k:

Hi @link111 - there will be greater controls in a future version. Thanks for letting us know your feature request.

Of course! Thanks for reply I love it your solftware ;)

I found a program that may help you fine-tune your color temperature on top of f.lux, if it's compatible with your monitor. You won't know what your color temperature is when you do it, but if this program is compatible with your monitor, then you will be able to get the exact look and feel you want.

It's ScreenBright: http://www.overclock.net/t/1262322/guide-display-control-via-windows-brightness-contrast-etc-ddc-ci

Basically, you will set f.lux to 2700K (it doesn't have to be all the way to 2700K in order for this to work) and then you will use ScreenBright's color temperature adjustment to increase the warmth on top of that by sliding ScreenBright's adjuster to the right until it looks and feels just right. ScreenBright changes the color temperature in precisely the same way f.lux does. That's why it doesn't fight f.lux, but instead it works beautifully with it.

Be sure to study the guide I linked to. It's very important because this software will be communicating directly with your monitor. It's making changes to the monitor itself, so you have to be a bit careful.

Another excellent use of this program though is, you can adjust your monitor's brightness directly with this software.

I will need to check if my monitor support that, thanks for the info I will check ;)

• You're welcome!

Please forgive the PM containing the exact same thing, I expected this post might have been deleted due to recommending software that can also change the color temperature in addition to its other functions.

You're welcome!

Please forgive the PM containing the exact same thing, I expected this post might have been deleted due to recommending software that can also change the color temperature in addition to its other functions.

Sure, no problem ;)

• I just realized there's one more step to take:

Take the "Green" level slider (the one that tells you the Green percentage), and bring it down. Adjusting "Green" and "Warmth" are what you would need to do.

I just discovered this.

I have f.lux set to 2700K right now in the Daytime mode, but I have Green all the way down to "-100%" and Warmth all the way to "+100%" and the result is pretty much identical to what I would call 1000K (roughly). It might even be more like 800K. So I'd say the entire range of f.lux is achievable when it's in Daytime mode as long as you're willing to play around a little with this program for this purpose.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.