Regular system crashes on OnePlus 3T with OxygenOS 4.0 (Nougat)

• f.lux causes my OnePlus 3T with OxygenOS 4.0 (Android Nougat) to crash at random times either while using the phone or not. I reflashed the OS and the problem persisted which made me go hunt for the problem. Turns out it was f.lux. I can make the phone run stable when f.lux is disabled. I hope this can be fixed as alternatives like CF.lumen crank up the saturation (it doesn't have the AMOLED mode like f.lux has). Looking forward to an update!

Cheers

• Oh my, yes, it took me ages to find out what was causing these random reboots...
    In my case it is not completely random, it only happens say between 7 PM and 6 AM. It must be linked with the times f.lux kicks in and tunes the color temperature.
    Before understanding that it was f.lux, I posted on xda to get help to understand the log lines.
    Please see the linked post for more detail, but basically I can invariably correlate the following log line

01-29 02:34:02.897 27338 27338 F libc    : CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE "/system/bin/sh": can't enable GNU RELRO protection for "": Permission denied

with the reboot times (which I track with Bootlog Uptime).

I don't remember if I had this issue with OOS 3 as well, but it's certainly still there with OOS 4.0.3.

I cannot reproduce the reboots by playing with the settings (e.g. by running the different color presets examples).

Crashes happen on v22 I believe, unless v22 was released in the last two days.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.