Use F.lux without Internet

• I have a computer without Internet connection. When I turn it on, F.Lux asks me for location instead of just working. Any way to bypass that location check?

• I can't test this at the moment, but f.lux loses your Location setting if you disconnect from the internet?

• I don't know if it loses the location setting, but I never set a location in the first place because the computer does not have internet. I'm okay with just using the default location that the application provides.

• You absolutely must set the Location though otherwise f.lux will always ask. It's in the FAQ.

So, set it, reboot for good measure (not sure if this is necessary), and then disconnect from the internet after Windows is done starting up.

• So any way to fake the location since I have no internet connection? Or to at least force disable that UI popup?
    I was thinking of copying the AppData files from another computer with the location already set. Haven't tested it yet.

• Nope, copying those AppData files did not fix that annoying extra step.

• @oostrov said in Use F.lux without Internet:

So any way to fake the location since I have no internet connection? Or to at least force disable that UI popup?
    I was thinking of copying the AppData files from another computer with the location already set. Haven't tested it yet.

Actually, you can get the Latitude and Longitude from here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Michael Herf\flux\Preferences

But, I don't know if this will work because I don't know if other things take place when you set the Location within the GUI.

If you can just connect the computer to the internet somehow though, then that would be the best thing to do. Setting the Location is a part of the installation process for f.lux.

• That worked.
    Wow, copying those registry values from another computer with a set location actually worked. Thank you!

• @oostrov said in Use F.lux without Internet:

That worked.
    Wow, copying those registry values from another computer with a set location actually worked. Thank you!

Whoa! Nice. You're very welcome.

• f.lux team

In any case, you can type lat/long, or if you're in the USA, just enter a zipcode (all these things work offline).

• Oh. For some reason, I thought he said he tried that.

• f.lux team

@TwoCables well the map won't load, but the text entry box is just a windows dialog box, so it should work whether you're connected or not.

• @herf said in Use F.lux without Internet:

@TwoCables well the map won't load, but the text entry box is just a windows dialog box, so it should work whether you're connected or not.

I know. Like I said, for some reason I thought he tried that already.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.