Windows 10 with 3 screens, One screen doesn't work with f.lux

• Hi Everyone,

I've got a problem. Normaly I use 2 monitors. One main with 1080p and a 19inch with 1024p.
    I've added the tv as a third monitor. but I've cloned it with the main screen.
    So both are 1080p monitor 1&2 en 3 is the 19inch set as an extension. My main screen now doesn't work anymore with f.lux.
    But mine TV and 19inch monitor does.

Mine setup is a Windows 10 with a Nvidia GTX970. My TV is connected on the mini display port with an hdmi adapter.
    The main monitor is directly connected to the hdmi. And the 19inch monitor is connected on the DVI.

Hope someone can help me.

Greetz,

Dane

• I had the exact same problem (and set-up) for my PC, but the odd thing is that making my TV a third screen or just disabling it fixed the issue. For some reason, I cannot have f.lux on my main monitor at the same time as duplicating my main monitor on the TV. It's still a bug, but at least I found a work-around...

• I have the same setup as you (except that my 3rd monitor is another monitor rather than a TV, and all 3 are 1080p) and had the same exact problem as you (worked on everything except my main monitor). And like AnthonyHJ, I found that I could get it to work on all 3 ONLY if I extended it rather than cloned it.

What I found is that for whatever reason, on this setup flux on my main monitor would not work with HDMI (which is the connection I was originally using when upgrading to 10) or DisplayPort on my GTX 770. I switched it to DVI, and then it worked, but it stopped working on my 3rd cloned monitor (originally on a HDMI cable with a DVI adapter, which I switched to the HDMI input by just removing the adapter). So I thought it might be a problem with HDMI. HOWEVER, when I switched my main monitor to DisplayPort and left the 3rd cloned monitor on HDMI, the 3rd would work and my main stopped working.

So basically, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to connector preference, other than DVI is the only connector that has never given me an issue. I kinda lucked out because my card has two DVI connectors and flux is not particularly crucial on the 3rd monitor (goes to a treadmill desk, which I rarely use close to bedtime for obvious reasons!). I would try playing around with different physical connections on your monitor, starting with connecting your main via DVI. And if you don't mind dropping a few dollars, it may be worth it to get DVI cables for your other two and then a DVI to HDMI/DisplayPort adapter. It's a stab in the dark, but if you can't get it to work on all 3 with your current setup and you feel it's absolutely crucial to do so, then it may be worth it.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.