F.lux doesn't work with windows XP

• Hi every one,

I want to use f.lux with an old computer on windows XP. The program is installed and launched perfectly but nothing change for the display color. Are f.lux really useable on Windows XP ? Or is it just some program issue ?

Thank you by advance,

Nairolf

PS: i'm sorry if there is some big language mistakes, i'm french :p

• @Nairolf Well written, try updating your display drivers.

Right click "My Computer" and click "Manage".

Get into "Device Manager" and look for "Display Adapters". Use that information to go to manufacturer's website and get them updated.

• I just try to do that but Driverscloud (http://www.driverscloud.com/) says to me that everything is up to date.

• Does anything happen to the color temperature if you click the preview? Click the curve that graphically represents sunrise and sunset. It should preview your current Day and Night settings for you.

• Nope, nothing.. I've try several times before and after rebooting but nothing..
    Even if i click on Darkroom mode..

• Hmm... something may be overriding it. It might be a setting in the display driver's control panel, or something else that's related to controlling the display. I can't get specific because I don't know anything about your computer.

• Aha, i was searching for which graphic card i have when i tried to update his driver. And it was that.. i don't know why driverscloud didn't find this but my graphic card driver wasn't up to date finally.
    So, thank you for your help :D

• @Nairolf said:

Aha, i was searching for which graphic card i have when i tried to update his driver. And it was that.. i don't know why driverscloud didn't find this but my graphic card driver wasn't up to date finally.
    So, thank you for your help :D

You're welcome.

Third-party driver-checking and driver-downloading software shouldn't really be relied upon. With computers, it's best to do things yourself.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.