Feature Idea: t minus n hours

• Good evening

Thanks a lot four your great work!, I'm pretty sure you're responsible for many Users getting a better sleep.

I have a small suggestion:
    dependning on our location on earth, the time between sunset and sunrise is much longer than we need for a healthy life / sleep.
    Therefore, it's entirely OK to keep us awake using unnatural light sources for some time - even, if the sunset is some hours in the past already.
    Therefore, it's entirely OK to postpone the sunset of f.lux until for example 3 hours before we would like to go to bed.

Therefore this is my suggestion:

Please allow us to configure either:

• The time we would like to wake up
      and the number of hours we would like to sleep.
      Using those values, f.lux calculates the time it must start the sunset on the computer monitor so that the hormones starts changing from day to night mode.

or

• The time we would like to go to bed.
      Using this value, f.lux then calculates the time it must start the sunset on the computer monitor. (It's probably some hours before we would like to go bed, but it probably does not have to be 5 hours before)

I called this feature t minus n hours because f.lux would start working t minus n hours before we've planned to go to bed :-)

Kind regards,
    Thomas

• f.lux team

Thanks - this is the design in the mac build for several years now.
    We are almost done with a Windows update. :)

• @herf said:

Thanks - this is the design in the mac build for several years now.
    We are almost done with a Windows update. :)

Hmmm..., and I thought that a had a great new idea ;-)

Thanks a lot for your answer!, these are great news.

Kind regards,
    Thomas

• @herf Eagerly awaiting this. Sunset just happened in Chicago at 6:10 p.m. and it's still a long time until I go to bed. Thank goodness for the delay one hour checkbox!

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.