Return menu item "Expand Color Range"

• I use menu item "Expand Color Range" and reboot PC
    How to return previous state, block other color setting 1200k-2700k and menu item "Expand Color Range" ?

• @VecHPro To REMOVE the extra color options, you either edit the registry or uninstall and tell f.lux to revert your color settings. You'll be locked to 3400K Halogen if you do this.

If you prefer any setting below 3400K you'll have to expand the color range.

• Is there a way to expand the color range via registry?

• @disqQ Yeah, but just drag either day / night slider as far to the left as you can--even after it stops moving, keep moving the mouse to the left. You'll see a button appear above the sliders.

• @Tungsten_smooth yeah, i know, but i would like to expand that range via registry since i'm locked at 3400K at the moment and not click on the "Expand Range" button to unlock it and restart.

• @disqQ You still have to restart to experience the change--but you may try logging in and out again, but I doubt that will work. The registry typically doesn't reload everything until you restart.

• @Tungsten_smooth i guess you are missing my point. I know we need to restart and i know that option inside f.lux but i would like to know if that button changes something in the registry (regedit) or if it changes something else, like a .dll file, etc.

• @disqQ it's in the registry, but I can't remember the key name. Ask @herf or @lorna.

• @Tungsten_smooth cool. Then i would like to have a reply from them if possible. @herf & @lorna

• @disqQ @VecHPro
    Even though this topic is old, I can imagine some people might still be looking for a solution to this, without having to uninstall F.lux.

What F.lux does is add the following registry value(s):
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ICM]
    "GdiICMGammaRange"=dword:00000100
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ICM]
    "GdiICMGammaRange"=dword:00000100

So, you can either remove them manually (the second will probably be removed together with the first automatically), or you can simply run the following command via Start -> Run and confirm:

"%LocalAppData%\FluxSoftware\Flux\flux.exe" /lockwingamma

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.