Pixelated/Artifacted dark regions on photos

• Hello. I have a problem with f.lux that is difficult to describe using search engines, I haven't found any results nor possible fixes to it.
    The issue is as following: Every photo I view using any program, be it Windows photo viewer, Chrome or Firefox, has pixelated dark regions that look really ugly.
    This is how the photo should look: http://i.imgur.com/dpz9wy4.jpg
    This is how it looks for me: http://i.imgur.com/iW0EsFM.jpg
    It does not happen in any games, I haven't noticed it on videos or even gifs(maybe they just weren't dark enough).
    I have tried reinstalling the GPU drivers (clean), checking if cables are plugged correctly. GPU is a month old, it doesn't overheat, everything appears to be fine with it.
    Turns out f.lux is the culprit. Whenever it is running, even if I disable it in settings, there is some kind of brightness filter that messes my photos up. Altering brightness does not make it any better. Surprisingly, these problems started after I formatted the hard drive. I've been using f.lux for quite some time beforehand with no problems.

My PC specs:
    Win 8.1
    i5 2500 @3.6 Ghz
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte PH67A-UD3-B3 motherboard
    LG W2453V monitor

I appreciate any help!

• f.lux team

That looks like things are getting drawn 3-4x brighter than they should.

Can you look in Control Panel > Color Management and see what the "(default)" profile is? If possible email us the .icm file (support at justgetflux dot com).

If you change the profile to a different one and re-launch f.lux does it help?

• Thanks for reply. After further research thanks to your suggestion, I discovered it might be in fact a calibration problem, the one that is explained in FAQ. I'll see what I can do with hardware calibrators. I will let you know if I need further assistance. What surprises me is that this problem started for no apparent reason. Cheers!

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.