Can you set your monitor to above 6500K?

• is this possible?

• Yeah, but it begins to look ugly. You can do it in the Registry, but I can only show you how if you ask me to.

• can you show me

• @X3STTU8 said:

can you show me

Yep! Sorry about that. I kinda have an impression on here that I probably shouldn't be sharing this super freely. Like, you're open to doing it, so I'm sure you won't mess anything up. lol

Anyway, yeah it's pretty easy:

1. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Michael Herf\flux\Preferences
    2. In the right-hand pane, look for 'Indoor' and 'Outdoor'. These are for the 'At night' and 'Daytime' settings, respectively.
    3. Double-click one (or both) and change the value setting over to Decimal.
    4. Now, just change the value to whatever you want it to be in Kelvin. So, if that's 7000K, then just type '7000'. The neat thing is, it can be any number., which can get interesting.
    5. Click OK or just press Enter
    6. Completely exit out of f.lux and then open it again (so, restart f.lux)

You can even 'Export' this Registry key so that in the future, all you have to do is 'Merge' the registry file (double-click it, or "open it", etc.), restart f.lux, and then you'll be all set.

• @TwoCables So like, if I set it to 0k, will it be all black, or is there a failsafe to prevent this?

• @X3STTU8 DO NOT set it to 0K. You will probably be screwed unless you boot into safe mode which will not load your graphics driver so that might be your fallback. 800K is all red and any lower will just be darker.

• @Tungsten_smooth said:

@X3STTU8 DO NOT set it to 0K. You will probably be screwed unless you boot into safe mode which will not load your graphics driver so that might be your fallback. 800K is all red and any lower will just be darker.

No, try it yourself: f.lux cannot go any "lower" than 500K. Any number you try in the Registry that's lower than 500K results in 500K.

It doesn't get darker either; 500K compared to 800K isn't quite as red and seems to be leaning toward the appearance of a slightly higher color temperature. It's difficult to notice this difference though unless your only source of light is pure red, such as using nothing but these lights: http://www.feit.com/led-lamps/performance/performance_led/performance_led/color_leds/color_led/a19-r-led

Even if it were to get darker and darker, you're provided with PLENTY of time to exit f.lux or just open its settings to make it stop getting darker. If you were to try this yourself, then you'd see that f.lux doesn't instantly transition to your custom setting; it takes a good 30 seconds to slowly transition into it.

Anyway, I have those lights, and to me, 800K is about as red as it gets.

So yeah, you should try this yourself. It only takes about 45-60 seconds to try different settings in the Registry. As I said, all you have to do is make the change to the Registry and then restart f.lux. Unlike with most changes to the registry, this one doesn't require you to log out of Windows or even restart your computer just to see the changes. This one just needs you to restart f.lux.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.