Manual Mode

• Hi,

I've been using f.lux for three months now. I think you have done a great job with the app, and I'm very thankfull for it. However, I have a problem. I was born with Sleep Delay Disorder, and I have a late shift job (from 6 p.m. to 3 a.m.), and so f.lux is almost useless to me (although I use it to avoid as much blue light as possible, since I am very photo sensitive). I think that if you included a manual mode, where users could set the red filter manually and the brighteness of the screen (for example, by checking (with a click) a "manual mode" box, that would allow us to drag the "sun icon" manually - and, in this mode, the sun wouldn't move automatically. Then, by uncheking the "manual mode", the sun would set to its automated course again) it would be great. It would make f.lux literally perfect for its function, and it wouldn't complicate things out.
    I think a lot of people would appreciate this (as it would enable for more personal freedom) and it would not compromise your politics of 'simplicity'. F.lux, as it is right now, doesn't accomodate to night shift workers, neither to people with Sleep Delay Disorder.
    But then again, thank you for the great job. I, by no means, intend to sound ungrateful for the free service you're providing.

• We already have this. Just click the "Settings" button. You'll see two circles that you can move left and right. Move these however you want, whenever you want.

There's more to teach you, but I'll wait to see if you have any questions.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.