f.lux disapears

• I keep having to reinstall f.lux every time it start my PC. I have windows 10. Any ideas most welcome.

• @sfinkx said:

I keep having to reinstall f.lux every time it start my PC. I have windows 10. Any ideas most welcome.

What do you mean? Can you describe in detail what's happening?

• @sfinkx Hold down the following keys

CTRL and SHIFT. Holding them still, hit ESC.

This is the task manager. Go to the "Processes" Tab and look for "flux.exe". If it's there, then it should be in the system tray, that is by your clock.

Look by your clock, and if you don't see a yellow and blue icon, then click the white triangle. The white triangle is to show you extra running programs that hide their icon so they don't clutter up your clock area.

You can drag this icon away from that hidden icon box, by holding down the mouse key on the icon and pulling it by the clock. What I like is having the f.lux icon "pinned" to the taskbar (not start menu). You can open the start menu, go to 'all programs' go find the f.lux folder, click the yellow icon (folder). You'll then see the f.lux icon in the menu.

Right click this icon, and say "Pin to Taskbar". This will make the icon 40 x 40 pixels, instead of 16x16 (or smaller) which just looks ugly, not enough detail. It will be with the other icons like the windows explorer, Internet programs, and anything else there.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.