Cursor color is not changed :(

• Hello

on win7 cursor (white) color is not affected by flux and is not ok for me, it is too white compared with everything else. Please change also cursor color's temperature.

• A want to be a bit more specific here. It's comfortable to me use lower temperature with flux, like 3000-3200K and if you set this value, you will see that the cursor is really white and standing out.

thx

• @PeterK said:

Hello

on win7 cursor (white) color is not affected by flux and is not ok for me, it is too white compared with everything else. Please change also cursor color's temperature.

I apologize for the delay in replying; life is busy. :)

Anyway, I know exactly what you're talking about and there are only 2 ways to fix it. There's only one problem with fixing it: you get an invisible mouse pointer in some video games. Here are the two different methods for fixing this problem (in no special order):

Method 1: Using Windows Magnifier.

With this method, you simply open Magnifier and leave it set to 100%, and you leave it open at all times. I think you can even get it to start with Windows somehow, but it can be just as easy to pin it to the Taskbar and then open it every day. After all, it would be a one-click access to it.

Method 2: Making a very simple change to the Registry.

In Registry Editor, you just navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse and change "MouseTrails" to 99. After this, you log out of Windows and log back in. That's all there is to it. This enables Pointer Trails, but you can't see them! :) So, this has the same result as using Windows Magnifier, but without needing to have any extra program open. An obvious problem with this solution is that you would need to set it back to '0' and log out and back in just to undo it if you ever needed to undo it (such as for getting around the invisible pointer problem for some video games).

I don't recommend simply enabling Pointer Trails directly in the 'Mouse' control panel because I find pointer trails to be extremely annoying. lol

As of right now, I believe that there's no way to get f.lux to 'color' the pointer. I think it would require a big overhaul of the program and possibly a 2nd process to run next to f.lux.exe. That 2nd process would probably mimic what Magnifier does. Unfortunately, I think that it would have the same problem with invisible pointers in some games.

In other words, this is just the way it is and this is the only way to fix it.

• by the way - is possible that flux will install and activate new cursor scheme (new icons) and there will be all cursors little yellowish? it wont be exactly color temperature as needed, but at least something...

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.