Dimming causes the tint to go away

• If I let flux work as normal, sunset comes and my screen gets more orange. If I try and use Alt-PageDown to lower the brightness, the tint fades with each brightness step down. Is this normal behavior? I'm on Windows 10 and just reinstalled flux.

• @tyler You'll need to expand the color range. You can do this in two method:

1. Drag either daytime or nighttime slider as far as you can to the left. Click the "Expand color range" button.
    2. open f.lux settings, click the menu (3 lines) choose "Expand Color Range".

• @tyler said:

If I let flux work as normal, sunset comes and my screen gets more orange. If I try and use Alt-PageDown to lower the brightness, the tint fades with each brightness step down. Is this normal behavior? I'm on Windows 10 and just reinstalled flux.

No, the normal behavior is for the color temperature to become slightly warmer as you press Alt+Page Down (in order to imitate an incandescent light bulb). Are you saying that the color temperature is going UP?

Granted, as you press Alt+Page Down, it can somewhat appear as though the warmth is going away because what's actually happening is, you are increasing the black level.

• I had this same problem. Dimming with alt+pgdown caused the temperature to go UP - as in it became more blue. The sliders had no effect.

What I did to fix, however:
    Increase brightness to full. Move sliders all the way to the right (highest temp). Then, move them back left. The Expand Range button then appeared (note that I had previously 'expanded range' so it must've gotten reset). After I did that, and restarted, it's back to normal.

By chance did you recently install a new windows 10 insider build?

• Hey, thanks all of you for responding. I thought I had already clicked Expand Color Range but doing so helped. After expanding and rebooting, the temperature does not appear/feel to be going up anymore.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.