Share your f.lux setup habits

• Hello there.

I created this topic so people can share their f.lux setup. By this, i mean which settings you use on a daily basis.

Let me start:

Currently i'm using 3700K during the day;
    At night, i use 2700K;

When watching movies, etc. i stick to these settings.
    What about you guys? Do you use "Movie Mode" while watching one?

• @disqQ I've tried using Movie Mode to watch some of The Matrix, but it just didn't seem right. I can't remember if I disabled it or not.

I stick with 6500 - 6000 or so in the daytime. Usually the highest. At night I can use from 2300K down to candle depending on the time. I usually stay around 2300K during the evening.

If it's getting really late, I'll switch over to Darkroom mode if I still have stuff to do (if the contrast is O.K.)

• I keep it at 6500K when I'm awake because for my computer, this is identical to not having f.lux open. I also have a properly-calibrated color profile in use as well because my monitor's color is notorious for being bad (the Samsung 2253BW). It's good for gaming, but bad for color - until using a properly-calibrated color profile!

Anyway, when I think I'll be going to sleep in an hour or two or three, I go 100% red. So to start with (or sometimes I do this last), I make a quick change to the Registry to set f.lux to 800K. When I do this, I also reduce my monitor's backlight brightness to about 0-10%, I set its color output to be 0% Blue and 0% Green with 50% red (the normal is 50/50/50). In addition, I go into the NVIDIA Control Panel and I set Digital Vibrance back to 50% because I keep it at 55-75% all day, depending on my mood or what I'm doing.

The final touch is, I switch out the only two light sources in my room to these red LED lights: http://www.feit.com/led-lamps/performance/performance_led/performance_led/color_leds/color_led/a19-r-led

So in other words, when I want to unwind, I go red. :) The difference in the way I feel is actually pretty big. I really do begin feeling more relaxed.

As the time draws near to when I wan to turn the lights off and go to sleep, I turn off one of the two red LED lights in order to lower the brightness level. I have one floor lamp next to me, and another next to my bed which is about 9-10 feet away from me. So, I turn off the lamp that's right next to me at my computer. When I do this, I once again feel a difference; I begin feeling even more relaxed.

When I wake up, I swap the lights back to my normal LED lights and I'm good to go for the day. Of course, I also let in as much daylight as I possibly can, unless the sun starts making it too warm in here. :)

So yeah, I'd say that I have it nailed down, almost like a science.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.