Unable to calibrate color after installing f.lux. :( Had to uninstall)

• I have to have true life color on my computer screen for my business. After installing f.lux, my color calibration was totally off during the daylight hours. When I corrected the calibration to pre f.lux install, as soon as the calibration process was completed, f.lux would usurp my changes. Sadly I had to uninstall.

• f.lux team

What hardware calibrator did you use? We'd like to know, since we respect all the hardware calibrations that we know of.

• It is just the "advanced color calibration" that comes with my laptop. Laptops in general tend to have a very blue color spectrum and I have to have mine "true color". After installing f.lux, the flux software changed the calibration. So when I went in (while flux was installed), and RE-calibrated my color, it all looked good until I hit the "finish" button on the calibration process. At that point, flux reverts my computer, even though I just re-calibrated it, back to it's off color "flux" default.

• f.lux team

We always recommend quitting f.lux while building a new profile, but as long as you save it in .ICM or .ICC format, we load it properly when you restart.

• @keltara said:

It is just the "advanced color calibration" that comes with my laptop. Laptops in general tend to have a very blue color spectrum and I have to have mine "true color". After installing f.lux, the flux software changed the calibration. So when I went in (while flux was installed), and RE-calibrated my color, it all looked good until I hit the "finish" button on the calibration process. At that point, flux reverts my computer, even though I just re-calibrated it, back to it's off color "flux" default.

"Advanced Color Calibration"? Is this something that is creating a new .ICC or .ICM profile and then automatically switching to it? Open Color Management in Windows: is "Use my settings for this device" selected? If so, then what color profile is currently set as the default?

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.