I need this program to remember brightness configuration at startup, please.

• Or at least, remember a default brightness setting. Thanks for reading.

• It remembers your last setting. Is that what you're talking about?

• @TwoCables I think they are talking about when rebooting. Title says "at startup" so I'd say it goes back to default full brightness on exit, and reopen.

OP: Are you using your monitors brightness options as well, or are you only using the dimming features in f.lux. You'll get better screen contrast, (if your monitor does not use pulse width modulation--in which case I recommend you get a zero flicker screen) if you use the monitors brightness option. If you're monitor doesn't have a quick setting to get to brightness, then get another monitor that does. I like Ben Q monitors, and the menu has three shortcut buttons you can use. Most of them also have no PWM, or flicker.

• Damn, I interpreted this as the color temperature configuration. It seems almost everyone says "brightness" when they really mean "color temperature". They also say things like, "dim" and "dimming".

Yes, the Alt+Page Up/Down brightness setting isn't memorized and that is kind of annoying. Here's why I wish it would it remember my setting:

Sometimes when I'm in the middle of getting ready for sleep and I'm using my computer with f.lux set to 800K, my monitor dimmed all the way and f.lux's actual brightness setting turned down a bit, I sometimes have to reboot. Sigh. That means that I not only have to sit and wait for f.lux to slowly creep back to my warm color temperature (800K), but I also have to remember to press Alt+Page Down again. When I'm trying to avoid all blue light and bright light, that can be rather annoying.

• @TwoCables If you know about how long your PC takes to reboot, you can just turn off your monitor! You can also set windows to boot up w/o a password, and I can get that info for you later if you're unfamiliar with doing that. It's in "userpasswords2" or something if you know where that is.

• Thank you for your answers.

I was referring to Alt+Page Up/Down setting. I'd like it to be remembered when I reboot Windows.

If you want to know why I need this, I've upgraded my father's netbook from Windows 7 to Windows 10 32 bit, and its brightness configuration does not work. A Microsoft technician tried to repair it using remote desktop and he couldn't.

So, I'd like a feature to remember the last brightness setting to be added for ease of use. It's a great program anyway.

Regards

• @Tungsten_smooth said:

@TwoCables If you know about how long your PC takes to reboot, you can just turn off your monitor! You can also set windows to boot up w/o a password, and I can get that info for you later if you're unfamiliar with doing that. It's in "userpasswords2" or something if you know where that is.

Well duh, I know I can just turn off my monitor. I wasn't born yesterday. lol So yeah, that's what I do, but it's annoying.

I don't use a password because I am the only one who uses this computer. I am not new to computers. You're talking to someone who teaches these kinds of things to people as though they're the very basics of the basics.

• @TwoCables O.K. that's cool. I knew you know hardware but wasn't sure where you are on the software side. Cool, now I know you're very good at both.

• @Tungsten_smooth said:

@TwoCables O.K. that's cool. I knew you know hardware but wasn't sure where you are on the software side. Cool, now I know you're very good at both.

Oh. I mistakenly assumed you had figured that out by now. Sorry about that.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.