f.lux can't be disabled completely?

• Hey, I'm new here and I really hope this hasn't been asked a bazillion times already.
    I also hope this landed in the support forum, somehow I can not set that in the drop down when creating a post.

I'm on a Win 8.1 laptop (Dell XPS 15 L502X), been installing and uninstalling f.lux a few times by now. I really like the idea, especially since I often fall asleep with my laptop besides my bed. Thank you so much for making this tool available to all of us!

I really hope that someone can help me, I'd love to get this to work properly. My issue is that I can't get my monitor to use default colors like they were before installing f.lux, no matter what color setting I choose or if I "disable" f.lux. Even when I "disable it for one hour" it'll still affect my colors and will give it a green-ish/blue-ish tint. There's no color setting either where it actually uses the default colors.
    After uninstalling f.lux my colors were stuck on some weird green-ish/warm-ish color. The FAQ section says that re-installing f.lux and leaving it on 6500K helps, but I want my default colors back from time to time to have proper color accuracy. So leaving it on 6500K wouldn't help me much.
    Fortunately changing color settings in the NVIDIA panel to "nvidia custom settings" after uninstalling seems to set it back to a 1:1 mapping (and it doesn't just jump back to the warm color like it does when f.lux is still running).

I do have a custom ICC color profile assigned to my monitor in the windows color management settings, not sure if the green/blue tint at 6500K is connected to that? From what I read so far the monitor shouldn't be affected once color temp is set to 6500K, should it?

If someone can help me figure this out I'd be so glad! Thanks again.
    ~Simon

PS: Also not really an issue since it kinda works now, but:
    After installing it the first time dimming didn't really work all that well. First two steps would actually dim with the current color temp setting, the third step would not dim (or maybe only a little bit) but actually change the color temp back to a very cold tone.
    Now dimming works for me, although it's not overly responsive, some steps take like a sec to respond, other times it reacts instantly. It also produces slight vertical stripes on my display on the two lowest settings, but that's fine, I don't really need dimming for anything critical anyway. Might just be artifacts having to do with my cheapo laptop screen rather than with the software itself.
    I love the dimming feature in general though, since this laptop's backlight is horribly bright even on the lowest setting. Thanks for including this!

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.