Dual monitors, F.Lux affects one but not the other.

• I have 2 monitors and F.Lux affects one but not the other. There seem to be a few threads asking whether monitors can have separate profiles in F.Lux, and it seems I have acheived this by mistake :(

Installed Windows 10, and now F.Lux does not work on my second monitor. If I go into F.Lux and run the "24 hour preview", I can see that one monitor (Display Port) changes colour temperature and the other (HDMI) does not. I did not have this problem under my old Windows 7 64 install.

F.Lux v3.10
    Windows 10 Pro 64
    Nvidia GTX760 card with 355.60 driver (current)
    Dell monitor connected by Display Port
    LG TV connected by HDMI

Any help would be appreciated.

• Last night I noticed that F-Lux appears to work on the non-working monitor (HDMI) when it is playing a full-screen game. It stops working when I return to the desktop.

• Nvidia driver updated to 355.82; issue persists.

As no one else has responded to this tread, I'm wondering whether anyone else is affected by this issue?

Any other users? Are devs working on this? Am I alone?

Please post if this issue affects you.

• I have the same problem on Windows 7.
    I used to have a desktop with 2 screens and no problems with that all.

My desktop was replaced by laptop and still using 2 external screens with it, but somehow flux is now only working on my laptop screen and not anymore on the 2 external screens.

It's horrible and once again I leave the office with a headache everyday.
    Already searched around the internet for solutions, but nobody seems to have one :(

• BUMP

I have just reinstalled Windows, Nvidia drivers and F.Lux. Problem persists.

Again requesting some kind of acknowledgement...

• I have exactly the same problem.

• I have this problem as well.... Almost. on mine, they are affected, but to different degrees.

Windows 10 on Dell E series Docking Station. the dock has 2 DVI ports.
    Intel HD Graphics 5500 display adapter.

I have 2 Dell 1707FP monitors. both are set identically (reset to factory defaults) the primary monitor is WAAY redder than the right monitor when f.lux is enabled.
    when I disable f.lux, the monitors again have the same identical look.

• I have the same problem. My Main monitor (connected through hdmi) is working excellent with f.lux. My secondary screen (connected through a hdmi with vga-adapter) however is not working with f.lux.

I heard it helps to 'mention' the admins so I'm just gonna type @lorna and hope for the best :)

• @Chads F-Lux working on both screens tonight! No changes to PC that I'm aware of. Last GPU driver update was over 2 weeks ago. I'll post on any changes, otherwise consider the issue mysteriously resolved...

• If you figure it out, let me know, because it's still doing it for me.

• f.lux team

Two separate issues in this thread:

1. HDMI stopped working in Windows 10. This means all color controls are not working. LOTS of stuff changed in the Windows 10 driver model, and people online are saying NVIDIA has been slow to reach feature parity on Win10. I would expect this one to resolve in a future driver update.

2. Docking station troubles -- this sometimes involves DisplayLink (USB monitor) and currently there is no fix for this, since this adapter does not support color profiles.

• @herf Thanks for responding herf. When F-Lux works, I love it.

Unfortunately after my "it works" post of last week, it reverted to its not working state the next time i used the monitor. I don't know why it began working, or why it stopped again.

So, regarding HDMI / F-Lux. Are you saying this is an Nvidia issue, and that I need to wait for a fix from them? Is F-Lux not working for all users with a combination of Nvidia drivers and HDMI output, or am I just unlucky?

• [@herf Okay, so I just went into Nvidia control panel / Set up multiple displays, then clicked on "Clone source", and switched it from screen 1 to screen 2.

The screen with F-Lux working on it switched from my Display Port monitor to my HDMI one. So instead of F-Lux on the DP and not on the HDMI, it was the other way round.

I have disconnected the DP cable, and F-Lux works on the HDMI screen, then reconnected the DP and it stops on the HDMI. Plugging or unplugging the HDMI screen does not affect Flux on the DP screen.

This would suggest that it can and will work on Win10/Nvidia with HDMI, and one of either DP or HDMI, but not both at the same time.

Not sure if related, but I have also noticed that the "Adjust video colour settings" are greyed out for the monitor that F-Lux does not work on, whether that's the DP or the HDMI.

• I am having the same problem. f.lux is working on my primary monitor, but not on my secondary monitor.

Windows 8.1 Enterprise, 64-bit
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 with driver version 358.91 (up-to-date)
    2 identical Dell monitors connected directly to desktop: primary connected via DVI, secondary connected via VGA

• I'm having the same problem on my dual monitor setup, it's only working on my main monitor and not the 2nd.

Windows 10.0 (build 10240)
    Nvidia GTX780 v358.91
    2 monitors connected via DVI-D (main) VGA (2nd)

• I'm also having trouble with my dual monitor setup, however, my second monitor is the one that works all the time (HDMI) and my first (display port) will not work with flux until I manually start the program.

the issue arises when the computer has been asleep or the scrensaver has been on. so far it's consistent that it's always the display port monitor not working after sleep/screensaver.

I am also using an AMD GPU.

edit - the DP monitor is also a 144hz monitor where the HDMI is your normal 60hz

• Mine reverted to working about 5 days ago.

• f.lux team

Our Surface Pro started not working with "mirror" mode (it's all Intel, not NVIDIA) - if you use "extend" mode it works fine.

I think we're just getting weekly driver updates for Windows 10 right now, and everything will settle down eventually.

• I'm having the problem of Flux only working on my Main display and not on my second monitor, but I am running Windows 7 and am not using HDMI or any docking station so I don't understand why this would be happening.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
    NVIDIA GeForce GT610 v359.00
    2 monitors connected via Dual Link DVI-D (Main) and VGA (2nd)

• Hello,

Same issue here, windows 10, nvidia, using my screens as duplicates (1 hdmi, 1 dvi), it's only working when I switch to single monitor :(

• Just chiming in with the same issue, monitor one(flux working) on displayport, monitor two(no flux) on hdmi -- via radeon r390x. If there's anything I can provide via dump log, feel free to let me know!

• Same issue! I have three monitors, 2 work with Flux, the other one doesn't.

Windows 10, my third monitor is connected via a USB display adapter.

• @Andrew-Tullsen I think @herf already provided an answer for that iussue: "Docking station troubles -- this sometimes involves DisplayLink (USB monitor) and currently there is no fix for this, since this adapter does not support color profiles."

• So old topic... I just wondering that f.lux will never support multiple monitors. Anyone knows an alternative?

• @trm99 As far as I gathered there is no alternative since it is not the programm thats the problem but the hardware :(

• @James-Whittet said:

I'm having the problem of Flux only working on my Main display and not on my second monitor, but I am running Windows 7 and am not using HDMI or any docking station so I don't understand why this would be happening.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
    NVIDIA GeForce GT610 v359.00
    2 monitors connected via Dual Link DVI-D (Main) and VGA (2nd)

Do you have the monitors in "mirror" (duplicate) mode, or "extended" so that you can use each screen independently of each other? I think extended mode may work, but mirror doesn't seem to. That's what @herf said for the Microsoft Surface, but that may not be the case for Nvidia hardware, as the tablet they were discussing is all Intel graphics based.

• Worked fine for me on:
    Lenovo Thinkpad T430
    Windows 7
    Intel Graphics HD 4000
    Laptop screen and VGA

Upgraded to Windows 10 and Flux didn't work on the external monitor anymore. Quit Flux and ran as admin and we're back in business. Hope this helps someone.

• I installed f.lux V3.12 and it worked only on a single monitor. When I installed it I was running on only a single screen via remote desktop (RDP). When I came to work and used the PC physically in the same room only one screen was affected by f.lux. I re-installed f.lux over the existing version and by doing this I found that both screens were then affected as expected.

I have not tried rebooting the machine yet as it's possible this might affect behaviour. If it reverts to working on only a single monitor I will repost to this forum.

• I had the same problem but the problem seems to be solved at this moment.
    As @MrSwadge mentioned above, I also re-installed f.lux over an existing software and then the filter is now applied on both monitors.

• @ReCrunch this came out yesterday which might be helpful for those using Display Link USB adapters http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?p=82958#post82958

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.