f.lux adjusts according to type of mouse cursor

• f.lux goes from standard to warmer according to what state the mouse cursor is in: text cursor, loading cursor, standard, so forth. This behavior stops when I enable Mouse Trails, but that removes the mouse cursor from certain 3D games, and it's a hassle switching back and forth. It also stops if I change the mouse scheme in control panel to black; it stabilizes it.

I'm on a dual monitor setup with an AMD Radeon R9 270x graphics card, and my main screen is the only one affected by this (AOC G2460F, 144hz). Changing the hz on my main to what my secondary is on does not make a difference.

I feel like f.lux is reacting to the brightness of the cursor: when it's a standard, white pointer, the screen gets warmer, orangy, though the warmth does not affect the cursor, which I suppose is normal. When hovering over a text control, it goes to normal. The black scheme negates the changes, it just keeps the screen extra warm, but when I move the mouse to my secondary screen, it gets colder/normal.

I'm losing my mind soon, I don't know why this is happening. Why does enabling Mouse Trails fix it? Why is f.lux at all reacting to the cursor changing? Any help to solve this once and for all is appreciated, as I have temporary fixes, but none that are satisfying in the long run.

Tl;dr:
    Mouse cursor is a standard pointer = warmer screen (light grey turns pink)
    Mouse cursor is anything else than a standard pointer = normal f.lux adjusted screen
    Dual monitor, AMD Radeon R9 270x.
    Affects only main screen.
    Enabling Mouse Trails fixes it, switching to a black mouse scheme fixes it; not viable options in the long run.
    Why dis happening?
    Help.

With love,
    djettasin

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.