Is f.lux crashing windows 10?

• Anyone having problems? Nvidia graphics card, HMDI out.

My system just goes black screen and then reboots to BIOS. No errors, nothing. Just black.

Could f.lux be causing this?

OR is it that Windows 10 is just really unstable? And has nothing to do with f.lux?

• Open "Windows + Pause/Break" (Computer, right click > Properties). Advanced > "Startup and Recovery" settings. Here, uncheck "Automatically Restart".

If you do not get a blue screen when this happens, then, well, I'm not sure I could help. When you restart, does windows tell you it recovered from a blue screen? It's a small window that says "check for solutions", and close.

• Thanks for the reply.

No, windows doesn't tell me there was a problem. And no check for solutions box.

The screen just goes black. The I get sent back to the BIOS.

I'm gonna try running it a few days without f.lux to test it. Although this morning, when I turned on my PC, I exited f.lux and it locked up a few minutes later. Maybe I'll uninstall f.lux and test it.

I really like f.lux so I hope that's not the problem.

Also maybe I should that memory.dmp file - maybe something in there?

• Yeah, also check Event Viewer (sort by date).

• @RobBeach1 said:

Thanks for the reply.

No, windows doesn't tell me there was a problem. And no check for solutions box.

The screen just goes black. The I get sent back to the BIOS.

I'm gonna try running it a few days without f.lux to test it. Although this morning, when I turned on my PC, I exited f.lux and it locked up a few minutes later. Maybe I'll uninstall f.lux and test it.

I really like f.lux so I hope that's not the problem.

Also maybe I should that memory.dmp file - maybe something in there?

Just so you're aware, that's not the BIOS. It's the Power-On Self Test (the "POST"). The BIOS is something that you have to go into by pressing a special key like Del or F2 during the POST.

So, what is happening can simply be described by saying that your computer is just suddenly restarting by itself.

• Yes I have been getting a similar problem with only my HDMI out on a 3 display setup (two DVI and one HDMI), as well as random display driver resets when F.lux activates. The HDMI screen will go blank (no reboot), and I have to manually reset my display driver or reboot.

I'm running Win10 and have a GTX 780.

• f.lux team

How frustrating. For you and other posters experiencing similar, the most useful information is to know your version of Windows, hardware type (like laptop, desktop, brand and model), GPU, and driver versions.

• Desktop, Win 10 final, GTX 780, 355.60 drivers.

• f.lux crashes Win10. It worked fine for my until Windows 8.1 then started crashing with 10. Installed it on the Surface 3 Pro, and that started crashing. I hated to part with it but I removed it from both and haven't had problems since.
    For what it's worth, I doubt that it's hardware. It's something specific to 10. Too bad.

• Thanks for your nice post. The method that I followed to deal Windows 10 crashing is to use a tool-Windows Boot Genius. This tool can help me boot Windows computer again from any conditions. Like Windows black/blue screen of death, Windows freezing and so on. Maybe you can have a try. Wish it is helpful to you.

• I think it is more a system issue. i have the same issue on my game pc.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.