Going to upgrade to W10 today! How are the drivers with f.lux?

• Hello,

I'm in the process of backing up my main W7 drive because backups are good. If I don't like 10, I can just copy 7 again just as it was.

When that's done, I'll upgrade to 10. I want to know how Nvidia drivers are so far with f.lux.

• f.lux team

godspeed

• I'm using Windows 10 Pro (x64) and a NVidia GPU. Seems to be working fine with the latest GeForce drivers. Windows 10 has been nothing but awesome in my opinion. I did have to reinstall the GeForce drivers after the November update though, but that was just a slight issue.

When you update to Windows 10, the installer copies your current Windows installation to C:\Windows.old. After you've completed the update, you have 30 days to test Windows 10 to decide wether you want to go back to your previous Windows installation or not. Keep in mind that in doing so, all changes and documents up to the point where you've started the update are lost. So make a new backup before reverting back to Windows 7.

• @Seroczynski Yeah, got a backup of my SSD. Really though, only 30 days to test a COMPLETELY new system? That's rediculous--I'd like to see two or three months at least. Pitiful!

What worries me the most is the new privacy settings, and cortana. I hear cortana is great, but gathering all that data... I'm just not ready for the future I guess.

• @timpster said:

@Seroczynski Yeah, got a backup of my SSD. Really though, only 30 days to test a COMPLETELY new system? That's rediculous--I'd like to see two or three months at least. Pitiful!

What worries me the most is the new privacy settings, and cortana. I hear cortana is great, but gathering all that data... I'm just not ready for the future I guess.

I'm surprised you don't know about this. You can add another 30 days by doing this (pulled from the internet):

1. Open up a Command Prompt with Administrator privileges
    2. Type slmgr –rearm at the Command Prompt, and press Enter. In Windows 10 or 8.1, use slmgr /rearm instead.
    3. After a couple of seconds, it will show you the message window that the command has completed successfully.
    4. Restart your computer.
    5. You can check how many days are left in your trial period by running slmgr -dli in the Command Prompt.

I learned about about this back with Windows XP. You can do this 3 times:

1. If you do this on the 30th day, then you'll get 30 more days, totaling 60 days.
    2. If you do this again on the 60th day, then you'll get 30 more days again, totaling 90 days.
    3. If you do this again on the 90th day, then you'll get 30 more days yet again, totaling 120 days.

That's a total of 4 months. You're welcome. :)

• @TwoCables I like that! Thank you, I may give that a try next week or so.

• @timpster said:

@TwoCables I like that! Thank you, I may give that a try next week or so.

I think you have to wait until it has expired. Even if it lets you do it right away, you're going to be wasting it. Think about this carefully: every time you do it, you are adding 30 more days to the trial period, and you can only do it 3 times.

So let's say you installed Windows on December 1st, and then rearmed on December 2nd. That would mean your total trial period would be 31 days instead of 30.

It's just a simple reset of the countdown timer back to 30.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.