Should I use Red Light all the time?

• Blue Light is known for causing sleeping problems.. Should I always use Red Light?

• @The-Corpses-Groom Always? Like in the daytime too? No.

Use bright white light in the daytime or go outside, and then tone it down around sunset, and tone it down more over time. Then maybe an hour or so before you go to bed, you can use red, or even orange light seems to work well.

• f.lux team

Most people need bright blue alerting light during the day, and warm dark light at night before bed. Your eyes and brain tell night from day based on how much blue green light you see. The body has lots of biological processes that are timed off of a strong light-dark cycle.

• @The-Corpses-Groom said:

Blue Light is known for causing sleeping problems.. Should I always use Red Light?

All you have to do is try to avoid blue light at the end of your day, for about the last 2-3 hours of your day before getting into bed.

Think about it like this: if you were living outside instead of indoors and if you had no artificial light whatsoever, then what kind of light would you be exposed to? What color would that light be in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening, at night? How bright would that light be in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening and at night? If you needed light at night, then you'd use fire. What color of light does fire produce? How bright would that light be? (think about it from the perspective of not actually looking at the fire).

The whole idea here is, we are trying to be more natural. Blue light is good for you when you wake up and while you are awake during the day, but you should avoid it at night.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.