Changing Desktop Wallpaper

• Hello I just found out about f.lux on windows but I've had it forever on ios. I was just wondering if you can set it to change your wallpaper at the same time the screen effect takes place? If it's not possible are there plans of implementing this?

Thanks a lot for this beautiful software it has saved my sleep cycle and my eyes my burning.

• @wdefawef said:

Hello I just found out about f.lux on windows but I've had it forever on ios. I was just wondering if you can set it to change your wallpaper at the same time the screen effect takes place? If it's not possible are there plans of implementing this?

Thanks a lot for this beautiful software it has saved my sleep cycle and my eyes my burning.

It's not possible right now and I have never seen them (or anyone) talk about this.

I think it's a good idea though because you could have it cause Windows to switch to a different folder of wallpaper images automatically - and then switch back again for Daytime. Of course, it would have to be a user-selectable option. I'd hate to have any setting forced on me.

• @TwoCables Oh yeah sorry forgot to include that I would like it to be user-selectable, I got this idea because I have this wallpaper which is basically a mountain with the view of the sky that I really like but its too bright for night time so I photoshoped it so it looks like the night time sky and would love it to automatically change with the sun set and sunrise.

• @wdefawef said:

@TwoCables Oh yeah sorry forgot to include that I would like it to be user-selectable, I got this idea because I have this wallpaper which is basically a mountain with the view of the sky that I really like but its too bright for night time so I photoshoped it so it looks like the night time sky and would love it to automatically change with the sun set and sunrise.

Hmm. Do you keep your monitor's brightness all the way up during what I guess could be called "f.lux time"? If so, then it's not a good thing to do. Color temperature is one piece of the puzzle. Another is light intensity and brightness.

• @TwoCables Oh no of course not I usually adjust my brightness when the f.lux time but the bright blue sky still feels to bright for me that's why I made the night sky one. It's not so much a useful feature since I usually keep the night sky wallpaper on but it would be a cool neat feature in my opinion.

• @wdefawef said:

@TwoCables Oh no of course not I usually adjust my brightness when the f.lux time but the bright blue sky still feels to bright for me that's why I made the night sky one. It's not so much a useful feature since I usually keep the night sky wallpaper on but it would be a cool neat feature in my opinion.

Especially if someone can have a nice collection of soothing and relaxing imagines, not only for their colors and brightness, but for their content.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.