F.lux crashes when I try to open it?

• F.lux has been working great for me for ages now, but suddenly yesterday it crashed as soon as I turned on my computer, and every time that I've tried to open it since then it crashes. The message is just "f.lux has stopped working." I've uninstalled and reinstalled it to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas?

• f.lux team

Which OS? Can you update your graphics driver and try again?

• Windows 7. I updated it fairly recently, but I can check again and see if there's new updates, hang on...

• One more thing to try after you do that, exit 'flux.exe' in the task manager, then uninstall, then make sure it's not running.

Then reboot your computer, and reinstall -- but again, update your drivers first so we know if that is what fixes it.

• @Bewildebeest said:

F.lux has been working great for me for ages now, but suddenly yesterday it crashed as soon as I turned on my computer, and every time that I've tried to open it since then it crashes. The message is just "f.lux has stopped working." I've uninstalled and reinstalled it to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas?

Did you make any changes prior to shutting the computer down 2 days ago (before you turned it on yesterday)? Or, were there any automatic changes or automatic updates to anything immediately prior to yesterday?

• It's working now! My driver reported being up to date, but somehow after running the update check, f.lux started functioning. Thanks!

• That's weird. I'm glad that it's over though!

• f.lux team

Thanks for the update. Whenever there's a sudden problem in a system that worked before it's usually drivers that updated (sometimes Windows update downgrades them!!!) secretly.

• Yep. Windows Update doesn't always have the latest drivers even though Microsoft would probably want us to think it does.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.