Screen turns brighter when I hover over text

• It is quite distracting. Is there any way to disable this?

• Are you talking about the entire screen? This will usually happen with only the mouse cursor, but if it is the entire screen, you may need to update your video drivers.

• The mouse cursor turns into an I-shaped cursor over text (selectable text anyway).

Chrown: please elaborate as much as you possibly can (don't be afraid to overdo it).

• I want to be clear, there is a way to fix the brighter mouse cursor, there are two ways, one is mouse trails, and the other requires you to start the Windows 7 magnifer, which you can set to 100% (no change in size) and just leave it in the task bar. I'll elaborate more when you describe in detail what is happening with your screen.

• Whenever the cursor turns into the I-beam pointer (I-shaped cursor) the screen dims down. And whenever it is not the I-beam cursor, it dims up to the default color.

• @Chrown said:

Whenever the cursor turns into the I-beam pointer (I-shaped cursor) the screen dims down. And whenever it is not the I-beam cursor, it dims up to the default color.

That's the exact opposite of what you were telling us before, however, that's still nowhere near being close to the "bright mouse cursor" problem - as I said before.

This is a very mysterious problem that I'm afraid I must leave alone and let others try to tackle it. Perhaps the f.lux team (which consists of just @lorna and @herf ) might be able to figure it out. I wouldn't know though. We all know what we know.

• f.lux team

What's your version of windows, your GPU, and your video driver version?

• I have this exact problem aswell. When the cursor changes to I-shaped cursor, doesn't matter if its a text box or just simple text, the "dimmness of the screen dissapers and returns when the cursor changes back. It only affects the primary screen and when I move the cursor over to the secound the same thing happens until I move the cursor back.

This doesn't happen when flux isn't running or when is daytime(so flux ain't affecting the screen).

Im running on windows 10 version 1511 (but its been this way since I my harddrive died about 2 years ago on windows 8.1), two Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 in SLI config and the driver version is right now 359.06 from Nvidia but as i said earlier its been like this a long time so it happend on the last years drivers aswell.

• @lorna
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Video Driver Version 10.18.13.5582

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.