Second monitor flickering in certain spots constantly

• I had been using F.lux for a while without issue, but I now have a major problem. My second monitor works fine when F.lux is not active, but when is activates / is active certain pixels will flicker a darker color for a fraction of a second. This flickering starts at the top portion of the monitor and works its way down. Each flicker area takes up maybe 1/5 or 1/6 of the screen. When the flicker reaches the bottom, it starts over again at the top. This whole process takes a few seconds and repeats endlessly. I didn't change anything other than installing a color profile on my main monitor. Uninstalling this color profile does nothing. Does anybody know what's going on or how I can fix this?

• f.lux team

Wow. How did you install the profile? If you re-install a different one what happens? Can you check driver versions? And I'd love to know more about your system / GPU / OS version / monitor.

• Sorry it took so long to reply. I used this tutorial for adding the color profile. It should only have affected my main monitor (it did). I'm using AMD Catalyst version 15.7. I did not have an issue before when I had the same driver version installed. I currently have an R9 280X and am running windows 7. My main monitor is the Asus VG248QE, but the monitor I am having problems on is the Samsung Syncmaster BX2450. It's a bit of an old monitor, but I never had any problems in the past. I don't know what the problem is. I can try to take a video of it if you want. I'm not sure how well it will turn out on camera, though.

• Well, you'll probably not read this, but the problem seems to have fixed itself. Hurray!

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.