Don't adjust display while locked

• Because I leave my phone in a dock while I sleep, having the screen turn on for any reason is unacceptable. I love flux but it just isn't great to be awakened midway though sleeping as I was last night.

I understand that flux needs to wake up the screen via a notification or unlock request in order to adjust the screen, but I don't personally care if flux takes a moment to adjust the display when I unlock it.

It would be nice if there were at least an option for flux to never turn on the screen to adjust itself while the phone is locked.

• Agree, I didn't understand why it needed to wake the screen to adjust it when it's only when it's on that it needs adjustment.

If it's only so there isn't a momentary period where it's not correct when first turning on post dusk, that is really something I would prefer to live with over multiple notifications on my lockscreen and unnecessary battery use from waking up the screen.

• I concur with the above statements. My battery life decreased significantly on a brand new iP6s with f.lux enabled, presumably because of all the screen wakes. I would much rather it simply adjust when I unlock the device. Now, whether there is a simple way to accomplish that is a completely different story...

• f.lux team

If only we could update this for you...

• @lorna Haha! I've filed feedback with Apple and signed the petition. I'll try emailing Tim Cook next (those always get a response, right??). If a new build happened to show up on BitTorrent or Mega and someone happened to post a checksum here, I would be a very happy person. :)

• @lorna said:

If only we could update this for you...

Feel free to email an update to me

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.