Is there a way to disable flux on 1 monitor?

• I have 2 monitors, 1 laptop and 1 external monitor. Is there a way to disable flux on the laptop monitor? So only flux on my main monitor (external one). On my laptop monitor I have tv shows/movies running and flux kinda ruins the color for them :S

• I don't know, but in the meantime, just quickly slide the color slider to 6500K until you're ready for it to be a warm color again. Or, use "Movie Mode", which is available in the f.lux menu. Movie Mode uses a warm color temperature, but it also makes some other minor adjustments for improved color accuracy at that warmer color than you'd otherwise get if you were to simply move the slider to that color temperature.

• I would watch a tv show for like 1-2 minutes, pause it, do something else, then come back to it. That's why manually disabling it won't help :\ I just want 1 monitor to not have any tint at all :(

• @Tom said:

I would watch a tv show for like 1-2 minutes, pause it, do something else, then come back to it. That's why manually disabling it won't help :\ I just want 1 monitor to not have any tint at all :(

I apologize, but I still don't understand. I mean, if you could accomplish this, then you would still be exposed to a ton of blue light from your laptop monitor. So, why not just set f.lux to 6500K until you're all done with the tv show? Or just reduce the brightness of your external monitor using its onboard controls until you're done with the tv show.

I'd like to see Lorna or Herf (the f.lux team) comment on this because if there's a way to accomplish this, then I'd like to know about it because you're definitely not the first person to ask. Even so, if your reason for using f.lux at night is to help eliminate your exposure to blue light so that your melatonin production isn't suppressed, then having one monitor blasting you with blue light will completely ruin that (of course, so would any indoor lighting that emits too much blue light). However, if you're just trying to create sort of a theater mode so that the external monitor isn't too bright while you're watching the tv show on the laptop monitor, then like I said, I would just reduce the external monitor's brightness using its onboard controls.

So, if there's no way to disable it on the external monitor, then I think the solution might have to be to reduce the external monitor's brightness by quite a bit.

• Probably for the same reason I don't want flux active on my second monitor as well: it works great on getting light applications to be nice and readable, but when you're dealing with an already dark application, you want all the light you can get so you can actually see it. For example, I run movies/games on my main screen, like Doom, Dead space, Bioshock, etc. Flux is great for the skype windows on my second monitor, but if I set it high enough to negate the abhorrantly bright skype windows (personally, I use the dark-room mode) I can't see a damned thing in my game since the entire game is now a red screen of uselessness.

When I don't run it in dark-screen mode, all I see is a black screen, no matter how high I set the gamma, because the only way you can get skype looking readable is to crank flux up to "ember" at 1200k.

• Maybe there is an alternative to skype that has a dark background? That's a bit of a stretch but it would be a solution.

Looks like your connection to f.lux forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.